查看單個文章
舊 2012-11-21, 11:29 PM
IdeaGuy IdeaGuy 目前離線
初級會員

註冊日期: 2012-11-09
文章: 29
預設

The radio test is 100% necessary for companies advertising on the radio

"The “radio test” for domain names is this: can a potential customer find a company website after listening to a commercial and hearing the company domain name mentioned?" - Source: domainsherpa.com

It's also necessary for 99% of the websites online, but there are exceptions to that rule.

When you've built a website that offers something of tremendous value or you've developed an idea that draws people together into a community, the radio test doesn't apply. That's what I think Svpply.com has created.

This is from their About page:

"Svpply is a community of people discovering the products they love."

"Every one of the 1.1 Million products in our Shop section has been selected
by hand by one of our members"

Those thousands of members are spreading the Svpply brand far better than a radio.

Actually, if someone said, "visit Supply.com with a v instead of a u" I'd remember it... it's more unique being a misspelling or hacked meaning. And, after visiting their site, It's an interesting Idea. Interesting enough to attract lots of funding ;-)

Svpply.com demonstrates how a good idea and business model negates common domain name sense.

My girlfriend just pointed out that "V" in ancient Roman times was used to represent the vowel "U". i.e., The famous brand Bvlgari.
回覆時引用此篇文章